Re: POS integration

Tommy wrote:
> "Roland More" <NoSpamroland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> Are you looking for a simple POS overlay into the video or making the
>> metadata available as part of the searchable video?
>> There are guys that have the POS schema integrated into their machine
>> already and some just have an SDK they throw at you. The one I'd bet
>> that would have all that built in would be Electronic Lines. Example
>> below. The ETV Enterprise Systems are specifically designed with the
>> retail environment in mind to provide complete solutions for POS
>> (Point of Sale) and Retail Loss Prevention. The ETV POS software
>> allows you to set a variety of parameters for a Manual Search Query.
>> For instance, you can monitor the sale of Lottery tickets with any
>> assigned search criteria including, Item code, value, quantity,
>> cashier, register number, and receipt number to quickly retrieve data
>> and related video. Enter your search criteria into the Predefined
>> Custom Search section to save and repeat the same search without
>> having to re-enter the information.
>>

> I have a system with a geovision data capture built in for this job but i
> am unsure of the data coming from the gilbarco. I know what i have on my
> end. I am wondeing what to look for coming from the gilbarco.

I know on the Vigil systems, you simply enable the data-capture
function, and tell it what sort of POS system you're using.  Gilbarco is
one of the options; as I recall, there are no different models listed
for it, so they apparently use the same format for all their POS
systems.  Basically, whatever you're feeding the data to simply needs to
know the Gilbarco format, and be configured for that option.  The data
itself SHOULD just be plain ASCII text, at least it has been on the
Gilbarco systems I've dealt with - it can be viewed in HyperTerm on the
receiving machine.

Connection-wise, it typically is just an RS-232 cable (wired as
"null-modem") between a serial port on the POS computer, and one on the
DVR (at least for PC-based DVRs).  The POS will probably have to be
configured specifically to output its data on the desired port (I've
seen some with RS-232 expansion boards with eight ports, in addition to
the one or two on the computer itself, for interfacing various things).