Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:45:47 -0500, "Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>completed HS and have a collegial technical degree in electronics(telecome
>to be precise)
>but in think it doesnt mean the same as your collegial degree..
>
>here we have 6 year of elementary 5 year of high school then collegial wich
>can be 2 or 3 year(2 year for general collegial,and 3 year for technical
>stuff like electronic,computer,ect...)

Pete & Frank,

I don't think a poll is necessary.  Every company I've worked for
(admittedly a lot, Tom) requires a HS diploma.  Some have even made me
prove it.

bAss is just instigating more turmoil in the group.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to hire a non-grad if he could
demonstrate an ability to read technical manuals and comprehend them.
I once had an interview where the owner asked if I was familiar with a
certain panel, I answered no.  He handed me a manual and asked what
*exactly* were the steps to change the entry delay.  I looked at the
manual and in five minutes had the answer to get into programming, go
to the correct address, and enter data.  I got the job that day.

BTW---
'Fuck You' in advance, bAss, for your inevitable smart-ass comment.

--

You know, it's the old glass box at the
At the gas station,

It's-

And it's all these arms are going down in there,
And so you keep dropping it
And picking it up again and moving it,

But-

Some of you are probably too young to remember those
Those glass boxes,

But-

But they used to have them
At all the gas stations
When I was a kid.

Dec. 6, 2001, Department of Defense news briefing - (Donald Rumsfeld)

- Graham

(remove the double e's to email)