Re: Anyone work with foam systems

> They had same thing happen at Allegheny county
> airport during a power outage and something went
> wrong and foam dumped.  This facilty is out doors
> so other than loss of product and rack fill time for
> trucks while clean up is taking place not as big a
> liabilty but ya still got to be damm careful.

As I understand it the foam release in the military hangar was planned.  I think the only cost was cleanup.  The stuff is
non-corrosive but there are probably EPA regulations concerning its disposal.  I haven't heard details about the Alleghany County
Airport event.

> is there school or corces wich could be taken
> to get certfied

You might want to contact some of the agent releasing system manufacturers and/or vendors.  Simplex does a lot of these systems.
Here's their info:

Simplex
100 Simplex Dr.
Westminster, MA 01441
Phone: 978-731-2500
Fax: 978-731-7856
http://www.simplexnet.com

Ampacet makes flame retardant foam.  Here's contact info for their rep:

Joe Serbaroli
Ampacet
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Tel: (914) 332-7329
E-mail: jserbaroli@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.ampacet.com.

Siemans is another player:

Julie Bannon
Siemens Building Technologies Inc.
8 Fernwood Road
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Phone: 973-593-2600
FAX: 973-593-6670
http://www.sbt.siemens.com/fis

A few more:

Greenheck Fan Corp.
Schofield, WI 54476 0410

Firetrace International
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Fike Corp
http://www.fike.com/fire_suppression_com_products.html

Ansul (probably the best known name in fire suppression)
https://www.ansul.com/en/Products/foam_prod/foam_list.asp

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass