Olson had nothing to do with the foam test although I wouldn't be =
surprised if he later claims to have been there.

Here's another guy's take on it:

Sunday, April 16, 2006
PARANOIA in the real world: Foam hangar=20
You may have seen (via Boing Boing and elsewhere) this photo series of =
flame-retardant foam filling an airplane hangar at Ellsworth Air Force =
Base, South Dakota.

Last August the Air Force installed "a modern high-expansion foam =
system" in a hangar for B-1 bombers. The civilian contractor, with =
military approval, tested the system. "Required coverage occurred within =
one minute of the system being activated," says an Air Force press =
release. "The test was so successful, the foam reached the observation =
platform where officials were documenting the procedure. The Air Force =
required a minimum of one meter of foam to be achieved in four minutes =
or less. For testing purposes, the foam was allowed to disperse for the =
full four minutes."

And then -- uh -- it kept going. And going. Finally they had to open the =
hangar doors and send a seismic cascade of shaving cream out onto the =
tarmac among the planes.

All this sounds totally familiar to every PARANOIA player. But the real =
Alpha Complex angle, for me, is the military's stony-faced spin control =
at debriefing. Did something go wrong? Might some official's job be at =
risk? Not at all, Friend Computer! This planned and meticulously =
executed test succeeded beyond all hope! From the press release:

  The system worked so well the exterior door of the hangar had to be =
opened before the test was fully completed. These events account for the =
photos of the amount of foam inside and outside of the hangar.

  So, did someone have a gross miscue? No. On the contrary, a fire =
suppression system responsible for helping protect vital =
mission-essential assets and, most importantly, for helping safeguard =
Airmen=92s lives, worked extremely well. The foam system exceeded Air =
Force standards, Colonel Singh said.

Boy, no kidding. As you might expect, the Air Force takes a stern view =
of citizens who frivolously send around these photos:

  Master Sgt. Dana Rogers, 28th Communications Squadron superintendent =
of network security, said e-mails such as the one depicting the foam =
test "misrepresent our capabilities" and can even cause damage to =
computer networks. "You think it=92s so funny, so you send it to 10 =
people. Then, they send it to 10 more. This takes up an extremely large =
amount of e-mail space and can lead to the loss of resources," he said.

Apparently the foam did no damage, and no one was hurt. I presume our =
nation's fleet of multi-billion-dollar bombers could have withstood the =
foam, had it reached them. But the idea that Air Force computer networks =
can't handle the latest e-mail joke to make the rounds -- now that =
sounds like Alpha Complex.=20
Posted by: Allen Varney / 7:56 AM (3) comments

--=20

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D>
Bass Home Electronics
941-866-1100
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota =B7 Florida =B7 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=3D=3D=3D=3D>

------=_NextPart_000_056C_01C706A0.292BAA50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt; You ever see those pix of the foam</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;"test" at a hanger? Extremely =
funny.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;I&nbsp;think someone posted a link to=20
it</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;here about a year ago.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I think you're referring to this.&nbsp; It's been =
all over the=20
Internet for a good while.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><A href=3D"http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=3D10491";><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=3D10491</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It was at Ellsworth AFB and (apparently) it was =
earlier this=20
year.&nbsp; Olson had nothing to do with the foam test although I =
wouldn't be=20
surprised if he later claims to have been there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Here's another guy's take on it:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<H3><FONT size=3D2>Sunday, April 16, 2006</FONT></H3>
<H2><FONT size=3D2>PARANOIA in the real world: Foam hangar</FONT><A=20
name=3D114518869671224654><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></A></H2>
<DIV class=3DblogPost><FONT size=3D2>You may have seen (via </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://boingboing.net";><FONT size=3D2>Boing =
Boing</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>=20
and elsewhere) this photo series of </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://cellar.org/showthread.php?%20s=3Db5a22752534694c7efa8f42f6=
db979f5&amp;t=3D10491"><FONT=20
size=3D2>flame-retardant foam filling an airplane hangar</FONT></A><FONT =
size=3D2>=20
at Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota.<BR><BR>Last August the Air =
Force=20
installed "a modern high-expansion foam system" in a hangar for B-1 =
bombers. The=20
civilian contractor, with military approval, tested the system. =
"Required=20
coverage occurred within one minute of the system being activated," says =
an=20
</FONT><A href=3D"http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=3D123019117";><FONT =
size=3D2>Air=20
Force press release</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>. "The test was so =
successful, the=20
foam reached the observation platform where officials were documenting =
the=20
procedure. The Air Force required a minimum of one meter of foam to be =
achieved=20
in four minutes or less. For testing purposes, the foam was allowed to =
disperse=20
for the full four minutes."<BR><BR>And then -- uh -- it kept going. And =
going.=20
Finally they had to open the hangar doors and send a seismic cascade of=20
</FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/shavingc.htm";><FONT=20
size=3D2>shaving cream</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2> out onto the tarmac =
among the=20
planes.<BR><BR>All this sounds totally familiar to every </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpg/series.php?qsSeries=3D19";><=
FONT=20
size=3D2>PARANOIA</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2> player. But the real Alpha =
Complex=20
angle, for me, is the military's stony-faced spin control at debriefing. =
Did=20
something go wrong? Might some official's job be at risk? Not at all, =
Friend=20
Computer! This planned and meticulously executed test succeeded beyond =
all hope!=20