Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

> Many many have had 1 semester to a couple
> of years of college. Not everyone by any means
> but I have interview more than just a couple of
> applicants in the last 26 years to know this is
> true....

I ran a small alarm company in a highly competitive marketplace for better than 24 years.  I paid my techs (mostly college grads)
better than most of my competitors.

> The piecework wages also escalated the annual
> wages far beyond what one would think....

Paying by piecework is the best way to ensure a sloppy job because it rewards speed above quality.  After reading your comments in
the newsgroup for a couple of years I can see why that wouldn't bother you.

> It is nothing to see people in the 50K to 60K...

In today's economy that's a pretty poor salary.  Even six years ago my techs were making more than that and they were paid by the
hour.

> There are alot of people that went to college that aren't
> doing much better if at all.

Blame Bush for that.

--

Regards,