Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:vomdnY8z3JGxvMXYnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Leuck has most likely programmed and downloaded...
>
> Using the same template 500 times is not programming.

I've never used the template feature

> > I have gone over many times in the past why...
>
> Yes, we know why you find it difficult.  That's not a measure of what
others can do.

When just about everyone else says the same thing it is

> > ... you feel the need to make it sound easier
> > than it is because you push the product and
> > it's the only panel line you know.
>
> Actually, I sell far more Ademco Vista-20P systems than all Napco panels
combined.

See? Even the DIY'ers think so

> That's because many people come to my website
> looking specifically for that panel, having received bids from local alarm
companies seling that product.

And they spent 3+ hours trying to figure out Napco's installation manuals

> > I happen to know better....
>
> Yeah, sure.  You spend more time riding your bicycle than programming
Napco.

That is true, from your last picture it looks like you should as well

> > and by looking at some of the changes in
> > the most recent versions of the high end
> > panels Napco confirms it. Since you can only
> > program by downloading I doubt you've noticed
>
> I was already installing and programming security systems when you were in
grade school.  I chose to program Napco by PC long before
> most dealers had computers.  When decent laptops became available, I
bought one for myself and one for each of my installers because
> you're far less likely to make a mistake programming an advanced panel by
PC than by keypad.  I teach DIYers to do it that way for
> the same reason.

Meaning you can't program from the keypad

> Ademco has an advantage in this area.  It's easier to program the Vista
series panels by keypad than Napco.

Duh