Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EbidnU_UdII4bcrYnZ2dnUVZ_q2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The fun part of programming a Napco Gemini system is in scheduling.  Using
a series of "overlaid" (for lack of a better description)
> screens, you can program the panel to arm itself on schedule, throw
programmable relays to control other devices, enable and disable
> the maid's code, etc.  It truly is one of the most configurable systems on
the market.  That same configurability is probably what
> confuses Leuck onto thinking the panel is so difficult. It's really not
hard once you understand the way it all works.  I usually
> suggest DIYers get the basics working, save the program as a backup file
and then experiment with things like scheduling, access
> control, etc.

Leuck has most likely programmed and downloaded far more Napco panels than
you've ever seen in your 20 to 40 years in the industry. I have gone over
many times in the past why Napco has traditionally created harder than
average to program panels (with the exception of the XP and 400/800 panels).
Any panel is not hard once you understand the way it all works, the problem
is getting to that point, you feel the need to make it sound easier than it
is because you push the product and it's the only panel line you know.

I happen to know better and by looking at some of the changes in the most
recent versions of the high end panels Napco confirms it. Since you can only
program by downloading I doubt you've noticed