Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

> Leuck has most likely programmed and downloaded...

Using the same template 500 times is not programming.

> I have gone over many times in the past why...

Yes, we know why you find it difficult.  That's not a measure of what others can do.

> ... you feel the need to make it sound easier
> than it is because you push the product and
> it's the only panel line you know.

Actually, I sell far more Ademco Vista-20P systems than all Napco panels combined.  That's because many people come to my website
looking specifically for that panel, having received bids from local alarm companies seling that product.

> I happen to know better....

Yeah, sure.  You spend more time riding your bicycle than programming Napco.

> and by looking at some of the changes in
> the most recent versions of the high end
> panels Napco confirms it. Since you can only
> program by downloading I doubt you've noticed

I was already installing and programming security systems when you were in grade school.  I chose to program Napco by PC long before
most dealers had computers.  When decent laptops became available, I bought one for myself and one for each of my installers because
you're far less likely to make a mistake programming an advanced panel by PC than by keypad.  I teach DIYers to do it that way for
the same reason.

Ademco has an advantage in this area.  It's easier to program the Vista series panels by keypad than Napco.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics