Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:34:07 -0500, "Don" <don@xxxxxx> wrote:

>>>if you click on the tab to pay for the stuff you buy from the website then
>>>you are engaging in a contract with the people to sell you the equipment.
>>
>> Bzzzzzt!
>>
>> Buying on line does not require any of the abilitys and such
>> listed in the statute. Otherwise any online purchase of wire,
>> screws, tape or any other component that might be used in an
>> alarm system would require a contractors license. Try reading the
>> statute below.
>
>he's already admitted to downloading and designing over the phone.  please
>try to keep up

I can't speak to what you claim has been said before as you have
proven to be prone to fanticy thinking and lack of accuracry. The
"downloading" over the phone does sound like a serious
infraction. Care to elaborate?

>>>according to you all we have to do is tell the our cusomers we want cash
>>>and
>>>won't sign anything and we can all do business without a license.  Ya
>>>that'll work...for awhile.
>>
>> That is more of your fanticy thinking and nothing to do with what
>> I have posted. If you do what you have stated you would be
>> engaging in an implied contract for compensation and need a
>> license. Are you and your thinking typical of those "in the
>> business"? Now I know why DIY is the way to go.
>
>have at it.

Got you on that one! ;)

>ying on line does not require any of the abilitys and such
>> listed in the statute. Otherwise any online purchase of wire,
>> screws, tape or any other component that might be used in an
>> alarm system would require a contractors license.
>
>no we're talking about a system.  tape can be used to shut up your wife.
>wire can be use d to tie her up.  screws, well I don't know what you would
>do with them.

You could use the screws to attach pieces of coral to your
children's skulls so they would look like small reindeer and make
your holiday more cheerful.

>> 489.505  Definitions.--As used in this part:
>>
>> 2)  "Alarm system contractor" means a person whose business
>> includes the execution of contracts requiring the ability,
>> experience, science, knowledge, and skill to lay out, fabricate,
>> install, maintain, alter, repair, monitor, inspect, replace, or
>
>key word is 'or'.  if someone is doing 'any' of the above while selling the
>'system'

No where does it state that "selling the system" is included in
the definition of an alarm system contractor. If it was included,
you would need a license to sell the alarm gizmos that sound off
when windows or doors are opened and such. Below are alarm
systems that are apparently openly sold through out Florida
without alarm contractor licensing. I expect you to get the law
on these guys right away!

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032341&cp=2032060.2032330