Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:03:37 -0500, "Don" <don@xxxxxx> wrote:

>the link has been posted by me and the entire statute posted by rlb.  see
>part II  ELECTRICAL AND ALARM SYSTEM CONTRACTING
>sections 489.501-489.538.  oh never mind.  if you can't even find it after
>being led. oh never mind

No wonder you didn't post the link. If you are not executing
alarm associated contracts for compensation, then you are not an
"Alarm system contractor" per the definition provided in the
statute. Duh..! ;)

489.505  Definitions.--As used in this part:

2)  "Alarm system contractor" means a person whose business
includes the execution of contracts requiring the ability,
experience, science, knowledge, and skill to lay out, fabricate,
install, maintain, alter, repair, monitor, inspect, replace, or
service alarm systems for compensation, including, but not
limited to, all types of alarm systems for all purposes. This
term also means any person, firm, or corporation that engages in
the business of alarm contracting under an expressed or implied
contract; that undertakes, offers to undertake, purports to have
the capacity to undertake, or submits a bid to engage in the
business of alarm contracting; or that by itself or by or through
others engages in the business of alarm contracting.