Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

"Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> wrote in message
news:4591e239.247797390@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 20:49:00 -0500, "Don" <don@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>if you click on the tab to pay for the stuff you buy from the website then
>>you are engaging in a contract with the people to sell you the equipment.
>
> Bzzzzzt!
>
> Buying on line does not require any of the abilitys and such
> listed in the statute. Otherwise any online purchase of wire,
> screws, tape or any other component that might be used in an
> alarm system would require a contractors license. Try reading the
> statute below.

he's already admitted to downloading and designing over the phone.  please
try to keep up

>>according to you all we have to do is tell the our cusomers we want cash
>>and
>>won't sign anything and we can all do business without a license.  Ya
>>that'll work...for awhile.
>
> That is more of your fanticy thinking and nothing to do with what
> I have posted. If you do what you have stated you would be
> engaging in an implied contract for compensation and need a
> license. Are you and your thinking typical of those "in the
> business"? Now I know why DIY is the way to go.

have at it.

ying on line does not require any of the abilitys and such
> listed in the statute. Otherwise any online purchase of wire,
> screws, tape or any other component that might be used in an
> alarm system would require a contractors license.

no we're talking about a system.  tape can be used to shut up your wife.
wire can be use d to tie her up.  screws, well I don't know what you would
do with them.

> 489.505  Definitions.--As used in this part:
>
> 2)  "Alarm system contractor" means a person whose business
> includes the execution of contracts requiring the ability,
> experience, science, knowledge, and skill to lay out, fabricate,
> install, maintain, alter, repair, monitor, inspect, replace, or

key word is 'or'.  if someone is doing 'any' of the above while selling the
'system'