Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

"Roland Moore" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hMKeh.4478$qp1.3050@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >I forgot to mention my company is one of the largest if not THE largest
in
> >the nation, this has nothing to do with my opinion. I deal with GE and
> >Honeywell on a daily basis and all I can say is your opinion is
incorrect.

> If you're a large company it is less likely that you would have the same
> issues as a smaller company in competing with the likes of GE or
Honeywell.

I'm still missing the point, even if GE or Honeywell lowballs the industry
(which they aren't) you have plenty of choices, you act like you just have
no other choice but to sit back and take it

> >Well so far they have been doing a miserable job if that is the goal.
>
> I agree, but if they ever start doing a good job it could make things at
> least a little tougher, at worst a lot tougher.

What you fail to recognize is the ability of these large companies to fuel
more innovation in regards to panels, expansion modules etc, I know several
instances where either ITI/Caddx or Ademco couldn't put out equipment back
in ye ole days that they can now.

DSC would be dead without Tyco, you will likely never realize the benefits
these big bad companies have done for you

> > thrown into the fray, nor do I have to support the adversary by
continuing
> > to purchase GE gear. There is nothing wrong with that either.
> >Gee for not seeing anything wrong you sure see a lot of things wrong, do
> > >you have a solid opinion on ANYTHING?
>
> Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I meant there is nothing wrong with GE
> chasing their own interests, and at the same time nothing wrong with me as
> competitor not liking what they are doing when it impacts me.

Thats fine but you sure like whining about it

> > And what you can't seem to understand is GE like those previously
> > mentioned
> > companies also faces problems of their own, Big companies like that tend
> > over a long period of time to misread the market, react slowly and get
out
> > when the going gets tough. GE and Honeywell have a lot of irons in the
> > fire,
> > security is just one and both companies have a completely different way
of
> > doing business. I deal with them every day.
>
> I hope their size helps them to continue to get in there own way.

Time will tell on that, large companies tend to get too stuck in their ways
and faulter like IBM, Sears, GM and Ford

> >> Yes, a bunch. Aleph, Bosch, DMP, Electronics Line, HAI, Inovonics,
Potter
> >> Electric, SK and many more.
> >
> > Exactly!
>
> None of the other companies mentioned is the size of GE and has a go to
> market plan like GE. I see that plan as trouble. You seem to think that
they
> can never get it together and follow their own plan,

No I'm saying I doubt those plans have or ever will affect you because of
the way the market tends to work over time

> it for no reason. I don't know which is right. I know that it is right for
> small company like ours not connected with GE to have some concerns. GE
has
> hurt the company I work with. Until I see GE as a company that clearly
helps
> my company, I am unlikely to go out of my way to help support them.

Which is the real reason why it doesn't matter to you if RLB posts passwords
to their sites or not, deep down you flat out just don't like the company
and therefore it is okay