Re: Ademco Vista Programming

You're right! I don't think it is a big deal . If what is available behind
the door is free, and it is also left outside the door for free, then there
is no difference in the end. Perhaps one day Honeywell will use their
already secure infrastructure to issue individual logins and put something
there on the site worth securing (that isn't already available nearly
everywhere else). However that would cost money to administer the site
properly and Honeywell might not want to spend that money. Again, I didn't
post the login. I said I would not choose to do it. Someone else has a
different idea. That is merely his choice. He has his reasons. I don't
recall any document that anyone signed (including Bass) that described how
to use that password. I have had to sign such documents for other sites
access logins. Bass says the reasons are not to hurt anyone but to help.
Whether I agree or not is not important. In my view there are only two ways
to stop it. One is Bass the other is Honeywell. I'll let one or the other
take care of it.