Re: ADT Security Canada

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>The problem with the terrorists is that they don't really
>>want anything from us, they just want to see us dead
>>and die in the process - we should assist them fully in
>>the latter.
>

> Assuming you meant something other than the way that last phrase
> came out, I agree.  :^)
>

>>What really pisses me off is that some of us want to
>>blame ourselves for everything...
>

> It isn't a matter of blame, Crash.  But we do need to assess what
> things we as a nation do that provoke the crazies to attack.
> Since they are capable of doing great harm to us and since
> there's no way to eliminate them, it behooves us to know what
> makes them tick, what incites their wrath and what, if anything,
> can be done to avoid exacerbating the problem.
>
> Attacking Iraq, much as it seemed like a military romp when the
> Bush lies were first being spread, was clearly the wrong thing to
> do.  There were no weapons of mass destruction.

But who knew that at the time?

   Bin Laden was
> not hiding in Baghdad

No one ever said he was.

  (he hates Hussein almost as much as he
> hates Bush).

No one ever said that Hussein had anything to do with 9/11.

  Iraq was not preparing to attack us or anyone else.

Never claimed...

> There were no terrorist training camps in Iraq.

As I remember (and I am getting old - perhaps you can point me towards
the source from that time period which proves me wrong) the claim was
that there was communcation between Hussein's intelligence folks and Al
Queda.

   All the lies