Re: ADT Security Canada

> Our country's liberal way of thinking is what got us
> Sept 11th, and I feel that is just the begining...

I disagree.  The reason many Islamic nations hate us is that we
have historically supported repressive regimes which dominated
them.  The US at various times supported the Shah or Iran, Saddam
Hussein and a raft of other rotten folks.

The other issue they have is our strong ties to Israel.  In their
eyes, anyone who likes Israel must automatically be anti-Islam.
While there is some justification for their anger over our
government's foreign policy, there was obviously no justification
for 9/11 or any other terrorism.  But as a nation we need to come
to grips with the things we have done to incite the wrath of
these people.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that any change of course on our
part will cause the terrorists to change their course.  Like
Jiminex, they're on a mission.  They can't see anything but their
hatred and they can't accept anyone who fails to join their
jihad.

> I am really surprised they haven't struck again since then.

Agreed.  It's only a matter of time before they get their hands
on a nuclear weapon (not an imaginary one like the Bush lies that
got us stuck in this useless Iraqi war).  Once they do they won't
hesitate to use it without warning.  New Orleans will be nothing
compared to that tragedy.

> Our country always does things after the damage has
> been done...

Much of the time we also contribute to the damage.

> We have had police in every subway car since the
> 1980's, but not on airlines...hmmm.

Now we have police on many flights, too.  They're dressed as
ordinary pass angers but they're well armed.  I doubt that there
will soon be another attack using airliners as flying bombs.

> Hijacking is nothing new. What was our government
> thinking? Did they assume all the hijackers suddenly
> retired and opened up convenience stores all over
> the USA?

Thinking?  You're talking about the Bush administration.  Thought
is not part of the equation.

> Unfortunately, I think it will take alot more deaths before
> anything really gets done, as usual.

Same as New Orleans.  FEMA knew this could happen but they did
nothing to prepare.  The same was true of the mayor, the state
government and virtually everyone who *should* have been more
prepared.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass