Re: Insurance question for small business owners

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:46:39 GMT, JOhn <barnesj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I Would like to hear from anyone owning their own alarm operation. Just
> curious as to how much one should expect to pay for liability insurance on a
> small installation company?  Mine is going up 28% this year, which is the
> 4th increase for 4 years as a business.  I have never had a claim nor even a
> complaint.

My small, central station alarm company was paying ~$4-5,000 a
year for insurance before I sold it.  We never had a claim in
over 20 years either.  The rates have soared since then but I no
longer install and my monitoring base is smaller now, too so I
actually pay a bit less these days.

> This expense is definitely going to affect my bottom line.

True, but so do all expenses.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass