Re: Central Station Cancel Signal

I don't normally do work on an hourly basis on alarm systems. But the few
times I have done subcontract repairs for other companies, I normally work
on a varying rate from $25 to $40 per hour depending upon how well I know
the company in question.

Alarm systems are installed and costed by the system. Service work
afterwards is built in to the hourly rate. And since I don't do local
systems at all, or any other low voltage work of any kind, I don't normally
have the occasion to charge for time and materials. The only time I've had
to actually calculate rates for labour outside of the monthly fee is to move
existing systems from one place to another. I charge $200 to move a
residential system and re-install...normally about five to six hours work. A
large factory system has to be moved shortly, and it is going to be charged
at $200 per man day plus wire and parts. However, since this huge account is
going to leave me soon and be taken over by one of the large conglomerates
(because of military security requirements mandated by their US owners), I
may try to get them to make the switch before I'm forced to do all this
work. But since the company coming in charges ridiculous rates of $108 per
hour, I can't see that happening....

But when I do locksmithing work, I do charge on an hourly basis...$50 per
hour for time worked, plus materials with an appropriate markup.

RHC