Re: Central Station Cancel Signal

Yup, you got that right....here's a common scenario:

Customer: My alarm system is beeping, what should I do ?

Me: Ok, first tell me what make of alarm panel you have.

Customer: (...dead silence....) followed by.."How can I tell?"

Me: Ok, is it a white or beige keypad that opens to the side or a black and
white one that opens up and down ?

Customer: Ugh...well....I can't tell really

Me: Ok, can you give me your system number?

Customer: Where do I find that ?

Me: On the blue folder I gave you when we first put the alarm in, or look on
one of your passcards

Customer: Oh, my wife packed the folder away and I haven't seen it in years.
Passcards ? What are those ?

Then I have to describe the keypad in detail to try to determine the type of
alarm so I can show them how to locate the trouble. I suppose if I asked if
they have read the manual, they'd ask me what that is (if they could even
find it..!!!!)

I do have a database by customer name, system number, address and phone
number, so I can always work things out....but GOLLY.... sometimes I really
have to wonder.....

RHC

Now that I have stated what is ideal, reality is that I