Re: It's me

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:73Mdf.497014$1i.326197@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Doug L wrote:
> > Its not the pop ups,  its his response to it. The pop-up/under is
generated
> > by the website counter he is using and he was probably unaware of it
until
> > it was brought to his attention. Rather than acknowledge the fact and
> > correct it, he chose to start with the same old RLB crap, deny
everything
> > and call everyone else a liar.
>

> What's equally "dispicable" is that the folks at "kounter.com" aren't up
> front about the fact that utilizing their code exposes visitors to a
> website that uses it to some very annoying pop-up ads.  Of all of the
> ones I've seen, "WinFixer" is the worst.  If Robert was at all "code
> savvy", he could rewrite the script supplied by "kounter.com" to
> "pop-up" messages from his own site (advertising specials, etc.).  He
> says he gets 30,000 unique visits every month.  I wonder how many of
> those don't bother to stay because of the pop-ups and how many just
> decide to shop else-where because it takes so many clicks to get to
> where you can actually compare products.  The site itself is a "kludge"
> because he insists on "pushing" everything.  Most of the really
> successful online vendors settle on one or two manufacturer's products,
> not the whole "galaxy".

You are reaching a little bit, unless I missed something I noticed only one
window which is easy to close and if they make return visits it won't appear
again (I think). Its not like they spend all their time clicking windows
closed. Many would have either Firefox or IE with SP2 and have it blocked
anyway. As far as the amount of product he offers thats for him to decide
but remember how much fun it is when he slams something he forgot he carries
like umm carpet snakes etc