Re: It's me

cctvbahamas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> its just a cookie .. not spyware, though anti spyware programs normally
> see cookies as such. Almost every web page you visit these days, you
> are given a cookie, generally on  shopping carts, member sites, and for
> advertising statistics .. i prefer orios myself :-)

It's not the cookie causing the problem tho... all the cookie seems to
do is tell WinFixer (or whatever is linking to it) that you've already
been through the
"install-me-or-die-no-really-you-must-install-but-I-insist" process
once.  Once the cookie is there, the popups don't happen anymore.
remove it, and it runs again.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0545-2, 11/11/2005
Tested on: 11/12/2005 9:37:01 PM