Re: Opinions on alarms systems configured/monitored over IP network

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:16:59 -0500, Pat Coghlan <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Dual-ported drives gives you hot-standby capability, but you still need
>one server to take over as the active.  Summit eNT supports both
>hot-standby and warm-standby.  In the case of the latter, the backup
>server takes over with a view of the system going back to the last
>checkpoint - typically some point in the early a.m.
>
>The AMAG website didn't really impress me, but Hirsch and Lenel
>definitely seem to be contenders.  I guess I'll request some brochures.

Also, compare the capabilities of the above to Picture Perfect, which
is what I consider the becnhmark for access control apps:

http://www.geindustrial.com/ge-interlogix/products/access/picture_perfect.html