Re: x10 activehome pro

"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MOmvh.2702$MN.1025@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi John,
>            I went to the site and read about the items. It appeared to be
> an adobe format without links to purchase the products.
>         In my searches, I found similar products from smarthome. It was a
> phase coupler and filter and a booster that plugged into a electric dryer
> plug. I think it was $79. Will that help my activehome pro work again?

Here is a link to the store on the site for filters.

http://tinyurl.com/2qntfh

I use AF100 filters on 4 different appliances and the XPF filter
on an entire circuit.

I think you said that you already had a capacitor across the phases
so I'm not sure that the $79. device would help.

You need a filter on each appliance that is reducing the level of the
X10 signal.  APC UPSs are almost a short circuit for the X10
120 KHz signal.  Many TV sets and most computer power supplies
also are a significant load on the X10 signal.

If you don't have a meter to measure X10 signal levels, you can
verify that the phase coupling capacitor is doing the job by testing
with an electric clothes dryer or an electric range to see if it has
any effect on X10 operation.  Since both of those appliances
operate on 240 volts and use a resistance heating element, they
provide a good coupling of the X10 signal between phases when
they are in operation.

I use the ELK ESM1 tester to measure X10 signal levels.

http://tinyurl.com/yom4zb

John