Re: x10 activehome pro

"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It is really great to find this group. I've been an x10 user for 20 years,
>maybe.
> Since then I seemed to have gotten dumber and dumber about this stuff. I
>need your help.
>I've upgraded to the ActiveHome Pro software over the years. Recently, I
>noticed that lights are staying on etc. unless I control them manually via
>the various units or on the screen of the computer. The timed stuff is not
>working at all.
>I've called x10 and downloaded and the ActiveHome Pro again changed the
>batteries and cleared out the interface and re entered a few units. But no
>good. They are not controlled automatically.
>It's been weeks and I can not get a "level 2" tech from x10 to reply as
>promised.
>Can anyone help me with this via this group?
>              Tim fm CT

It's been too long for my enfeebled memory to recall the details and I no
longer have the X-10 software installed but I vaguely recall there was a
checkbox that wasn't very clearly labelled that you needed to check in order
to make use of timers. (I think it had to do with storing them in EEPROM. I
do recall that I answered a similar question a couple of times shortly after
the CM15A was introduced so you might find it with a search of this
newsgroup using my name and "CM15A" (and maybe "AHP").

http://davehouston.net