Re: d-day

"Dave Houston" wrote:

> David Cunningham, who has a track record in lighting innovation,
> has filed a patent on a high efficiency incandescent bulb which
> uses an interior coating to block IR...

Filing a patent does not mean he has an idea that will work.

After seeing this I did a quick Google search.  I thought it funny
that the first link pointed to a page wo9th the following quote:

"Then there is the tungsten photonic lattice that was announced in
2003 by the U.S. Dept. of Energy's Sandia National Labs. This
development promises a 60 percent efficient tungsten lamp, but
understandably hasn't progressed very far from fundamental research
to public availability.

Not that this has stopped the story from being dredged up by every
journalist who can type a few words into an Internet search engine to
prove the United States has the situation in hand."

Not only journalists, but even Usenet posters dredge it up to support
their pet theories.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass