Re: Controlling Holiday Lights

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 02:37:15 -0400, Robert L Bass <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And the DMX dimmers actually control the light how?
>
> Most use triacs.

Yup.  And the triac is controlled by a microprocessor switching the gate
current on and off at least 120 times per second.

Of course, you (Robert) are responding to a message intended for
Marc.  :)

> I understand you.  I'm fairly certain Marc does, too.

I am confident he does not.

> FWIW, Marc has built a DMX-512 compatible lighting controller for home use.

I wonder if he created the software that actually runs in the
microcontrollers inside each dimmer / load controller...

sdb
--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com