Re: Controlling Holiday Lights

>> It's just one of a number of protocols you
>> can use to control lights. The choice
>> shouldn't be about the protocol so much
>> as the available hardware and its cost.
>> Any one of a number of protocols can be
>> used
>
> That's the disconnect.
>
> I'm talking about the hardware, and you are talking about the protocols
> to talk to the hardware.

I don't see why you consider MIDI too slow to accomplish the task.  The MIDI protocol isn't inherently slow and the MIDI hardware
I've seen is lightning fast.  What is it you'd like to accomplish in terms of holiday lighting that is faster than the system
(hardware, software and protocol together) which I described?

If you're interested in a holiday lighting controller with serious power and speed, I'd be happy to try to get the specs from these
neighbors who built the system.  AFAIK, they are using mostly off the shelf components.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics