Re: Laying out a new house - looking for Wiring and controller advise

> Presumably the Stargate unit picks up the phone and dials the CF
> string followed by your cell phone number, hangs up and then repeats,
> no?

Exactly. But it also plays a little jingle and repeats "Call Forwarding
Activated" for about 10 seconds which I hear if I answer the call.  I'm
the only driver of one car and I sometimes drive our Jeep. If the garage
door for the one that only I drive opens and closes, CF is automatically
set and then cancelled when it opens and closes again when I return. If
the other car leaves, SG calls my cell and asks if I want to set CF.  If
I dial 1 for yes, it hangs up and sets up CF.  It will cancel CF when I
return. I also have the option of pressing a button on a keypad by the
door or setting the alarm to activate forwarding.

>> call me and/or send an email when certain events
>> occur like mail or package delivery or the gardner
>> arrives, control all pool and spa functions, control
>> HVAC t-stats and dampers, control motorized
>> shades and even makes sure the gas tot he BBQ is
>> turned off.
>
> Our community is installing a new gate system.  I plan to CF my land
> line to one of my VoIP numbers when I'm away.  That will allow me to
> decide who gets in even when I'm in Brazil.  I rarely get packages
> from UPS since returns and warranty service are mostly handled
> directly by manufacturers and distributors.  What I really want is to
> be notified when the mail arrives if I'm out on the lanai or using
> the pool.  I plan to have the ELK send a voice alert through the
> whole-house speaker system when the mailbox door is opened.  That
> part's a snap.  Emailing you is a nice touch.

I do all that with the SG which has alarm sensors wired to the mailbox
and package drop doors. I use flashing lights and chimes instead of
speakers.

> If the RoZetta is from Houston I'm not interested in it.  If it's
> another Dave, tell me more.

It is - the man knows his stuff! He's designing a very powerful unit
that I'm looking forward to using.

>> ... I would try the XTB before switching horses...
>
> I only learned about it here, too.  Sounds like a major help to X10
> users. I'll be interested to see Jeff's marketing plans for the XTB.

He'll have them ready for shipment this week. I ordered mine today!