Re: Laying out a new house - looking for Wiring and controller advise

I'm not too concerned with the fact that only Smarthome currently builds
product as they are making the chips available to all takers so new
products should be forthcoming. Worst case - it dies off - I can still
use what I have and even reprogram them to work as standard X10 devices.
If I had to scrap the whole investment - as I've done with the X10 stuff
I've removed - the cost to date has "only" been about $1000 (for approx
50 devices) due to some very special pricing offered for a very short
time to those who signed up as developers (best $99 I ever spent!).

Key to my decision was the ability to translate X10 commands to Insteon
(as can now be done with UPB too) to protect the investment and hours of
programming in the Stargate.