Re: X10 Transmit Buffer

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EOo8g.76101$eR6.49436@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi Bobby,
>
> Thanks for the discussion.  Again, see my replies below:

I'm surprised that there haven't been more people asking questions.

<stuff snipped>

> > I just wanted to be sure a CM11A plugged into the XTB
> > device would NOT show the same voltage drop during its output burst.
>
> Ah, now I understand.  I sent you a snippet of my simulation by e-mail so
> you can see the waveform itself.

Hasn't arrived.  My email is munged - it might have bounced back.

<stuff snipped>

> > Great job, BTW.  Why didn't someone do this 20 years ago?  Were the
> > components or the brainpower not available back then?
>
> Signal suckers have gradually become more and more of a problem as they
> proliferate through the average household.  And X10 must do everything as
> cheaply as possible to hit their target market.  Others have taken a
> different approach, requiring a significant expense in new equipment.  Of
> course, it is to their benefit have homeowners rip out all their X10
> equipment so they can sell them new stuff.  My goal is to improve the
> reliability of existing X10 systems by addressing the signal level issue
> with minimum effort and expense.

A high-powered "master" transmitter will go a long way towards addressing
the problems the people experience with X-10.  I'm hoping it's going to
solve some gnarly problems that I've never been quite able to cope with.
Thanks again for all your effort in creating the XTB.

--
Bobby G.