First attempt at home automation

Hello I am trying to set up a home automation system and so far have
installed an OMNI IIe controller and I believe I have that part of it
working.  I can access it from my PC so I believe I have it at least
half working.  What I can't seem to figure out how to do is I want my
OMNI controller to turn on and off a UPB standard dimming switch from
Simply Automated.  Is this possible to do?  And if it is working should
it just show up without any problems or is there a trick to getting
Simply Automated components to work with a HAI controller?