Re: Security Cameras (IP-based)?

Les <les_stockton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

: Are there any recommendations for low to moderately priced security cameras that
:  can be accessed via IP?  I'm building a house and would like to be able to chec
: k progress online while I'm at work.  I'm hoping to have 2 to 4 cameras.
: What setups have worked well for you?
: Also, it would be nice if at least one of the cameras had a pan feature that cou
: ld be controlled from the web?  Anything like that in this price range?

I've got several of the Axis and D-link IP cameras.  The Axis have better
picture quality and speed, but cost about twice as much.

You can get outdoor enclosures for both systems.

The only IP pan and zoom camera I know of is the Panasonic HCM series, but
I think they start around $400.00.  I don't know of any outdoor enclosures
for that line.