Re: Cell phone as home phone

>B Fuhrmann wrote:
>>  >> Is there a phone that can be dropped into a cradle that would then
>> let
>>  >> something similar to standard phones be used around the house or are
>> you
>>  >> stuck with just one phone?

>> Not quite what I had envisioned but more flexible in some ways,
>> especially if someone wants to have a mixed cell and land line system.
>> I was thinking of one that would have a similar cell base but that would
>> pretend that the cell phone is a standard phone line  (ie disconnect the
>> phone wire from the outside and plug into the system that is already
>> there) but this is probably more useful to more people.
>>  --
>> Bill Fuhrmann
>
> less expensive than this one
> http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,35150,00.asp

Thanks again Frank - however it looks like the Vox2 company is belly up.
That link did lead me on some searching and found two other systems that tie
the cell phone into standard home phone wiring (you buy their box and use
your old phones with the cell phone).

First a couple review links
www.jakeludington.com/gadget_envy/20051021_cell_phone_to_landline_converter.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/Dock_N_Talk/4514-6448_7-30974588.html

Dock and Talk web site www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
Merge web site www.cidcocom.com/merge/index.html

Dock and Talk connects with a lot more types of cell phones.  It is more
expensive than the RCA system, but you use the phones you already have.

--
Bill Fuhrmann