Re: X10 Transmit Buffer

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>AFAIK (and that ain't much!) the CM11A, besides having lower output voltage
>than most controllers, also suffers from a peculiar output voltage decay
>during the signal transmission itself.  I would assume since you're able to
>boost the signal to a uniform output level despite varying input voltages
>that the XTB X-10 signal will not contain the original transmitter's
>waveform flaws.  I just wanted to be sure a CM11A plugged into the XTB
>device would NOT show the same voltage drop during its output burst.

The CM11A fade problem is easily cured by changing one resistor. If you
search CHA for "CM11A schematic John Galvin" and read the entire thread
you'll find where John recommended two possible fixes. I've changed the
resistor on one of my CM11As and can confirm that it now has a steady
output. It's still just over half of that from other X-10 PLC transmitters
but the fade is gone.

Doing that and then using Jeff's booster should really help with the CM11A.