Re: XP Chkdsk Problem

You probably have some problem that XP's trying to alert you to.  I suspect
it's running scandisk (*not* chkdsk, BTW) because it's finding problems, not
because some setting has changed as a result of your initial run of
scandisk.  If something's creating lost clusters on your machine, you've got
to find it and figure out why.  Are these newly installed disks?  Are the
jumper settings correct?

Try turning off write caching for the affected drives.

Are you shutting down via the Start menu or via the keyboard power key or
the front panel power button?  Try shutting down via the Start menu - that
allows more time to flush the cache although it takes longer to power down
the machine.

--
Bobby G.

"hi-ho" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I had a hard disk problem on my automation / server computer and asked
WINXP
> to check one of the four NTFS
> disks installed on the system - which required a reboot after which it
> successfully fixed the disk's lost clusters.  The computer now does a
Chkdsk