Re: Dedicated Z-wave sites? (driver comments)

FYI, one of the advances touted for Windows Vista is a new driver model
which pushes most of the driver code outside kernel space, making it more
difficult for a badly-written driver to crash the OS.  The upside, of
course, is that it should make crashes less likely.  The downside is that
many drivers need to be rewritten, and some never will be - there's little
incentive for manufacturers to support stuff that no longer contributes to
their cashflow (the two-year-old Toshiba tablet PC I'm typing this on is a
particularly depressing example :)

    - Dennis Brothers