Re: Dedicated Z-wave sites?

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4fWdnSZ2j-v7mh3YnZ2dnUVZ_vmqnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I couldn't agree more, Bill.  However, there are a few bright lights in
the field.  One is Dean's CQC product.

You missed the $900 gouge part, eh?

> He has built a very configurable system with the capability
> of high WAF ratings.  The catch is that the buyer must do
> considerable configuration.

Yes, but at least the end-user CAN do this.  It's a tough call, crappy
featureset, complicated to configure or held hostage solely by an
"installer".  Not really customer-friendly choices but such is the HA
market.

> None of the above is meant as a slight to CQC or Dean.  I expect
> his product to continue to grow in popularity among true HA
> aficionados.  To make it a major financial success he might
> need to add some easy to use wizards.  Idiot-proofing has
> its benefits, no?  :^)

Doubling the price seems more likely to scare them off.  This is probably a
"good thing" from the perspective of unit costs and baiting "dealers" or
"professional installers" to get into the mix.  But ya gotta pay the
mortgate somehow, right?