Re: Dedicated Z-wave sites?

I couldn't agree more, Bill.  However, there are a few bright lights in the field.  One is Dean's CQC product.  He has built a very
configurable system with the capability of high WAF ratings.  The catch is that the buyer must do considerable configuration.
There's a longer learning curve for CQC than most of the "packaged" solutions.  For the true geek, that's like a red flag to a
bull -- a challenge that must be met.  For the average homeowner, I suspect it may be *appear* to be too much.

None of the above is meant as a slight to CQC or Dean.  I expect his product to continue to grow in popularity among true HA
aficionados.  To make it a major financial success he might need to add some easy to use wizards.  Idiot-proofing has its benefits,
no?  :^)

As companies like ELK Products merge media with solid HA platforms we'll likely see more end user acceptance.  The decision to
integrate the M1G with Russound's multi-room entertainment systems is a step in the right direction.  As soon as that's done I plan
to ask them to add Xantech to the mix.  Unfortunately, very few of the HA manufacturers seem to be as willing to accommodate dealer
and end-user wishes as ELK is.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass