Re: Ability to drive multiple IR transmitters independantly from PC

> Bill, you sure have a lot of nightmares where others just have have sweet
> dreams - perhaps you should lay off the late night stacks. The single port
> adapters will use ONE DRIVER and cost less than the multi-port units. (At
> least, they cost much less, about 1/2 as much per port, than the
multi-port
> units offered by Byterunner.)

Assuming you make use of single port devices all from the same vendor and
the then the same model/production run.  While a number of them do base
themselves on the same chipsets not all make use of the same driver
software, and some are worse than others.  Then there's the USB bandwidth
and power issues.  There you're running up against how well (or poorly) the
hardware and drivers for the USB ports are set up.

I'll trade time wasted wrestling with bad drivers for a few extra bucks on a
multi-port instead.