Re: Ability to drive multiple IR transmitters independantly from PC

> You can get single port USB-serial adapters for $10 each. Run 4-wire
modular
> cable from the RS232 end of each adapter to each projector. Cost: $10 +
> cable + connectors per projector. The only problem is getting 20 USB ports
> to plug the adapters into. I have 4-port USB expanders on a couple of
> machines but I haven't seen a 10-port or 20-port version.

If you're going with serial get some EdgePort multiport adapters.  I've used
their 4 and 8 port adapters and they're GREAT.  It's MUCH better than using
multiple single USB-serial adapters, if only because of avoiding the
software driver NIGHTMARES.  Get two 8 port and one 4 port adapter and only
have to use ONE software driver and three USB ports, most likely just
chained to a single hub.