Re: bad, worst, the worst, MARMITEK X10 Home automation!

> In my experience, everything seems to cost more in Europe. Whether
> because of more limited market or higher taxes or just plain lack
> of competition I can't say.  Certainly prices for Marmitek devices
> seem to be 3-4 times higher than those with equivalent function
> built to North American voltage/frequency specifications.

Perhaps. But the Marmitek Home Automation products here in Germany,
are still quiet cheap, compared to automation devices made by German
enterprises e.g.
I ask my brother-in-law (which is distributor of a german brand,
building aswell HA devices) how much it would costs me 1 wall-mounted
shutter-switch, 2 wall-mounted dimmer units and 1 lamp unit togehter
with a small 4x remotecontrol...
He told me (converted in USD) something like $1080.-- !!!
Indeed! And the price was true!

So only rich people here does have HA in there houses where costs plays
no role. And the main fact: They don't mount the devices themself and
won't even studying such bad translated manuals as the Marmitek ones.

So Marmitek X10 is effordable here, but only people with electronical
knowledge use and by them. To less I guess for Marmitek, to push a bit
their interfaces
and hardware for the european consumer area. Even for higher prices.

Also I doesn't know about any local handicraft business for electrical
installation which uses the Marmitek brand for HA. It's still also too
unknown,
though X10 is a fine thing.