Re: bad, worst, the worst, MARMITEK X10 Home automation!

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:58:01 -0700, sfn wrote:

> Charles Sullivan schrieb:
>

>> Whatever else may be wrong with the bedroom controller, a battery
>> is required to keep the clock running in the event of a power
>> interruption.  There's no way flash memory can do that.
>>

> That's right! But this work can be done as well by a standard double,
> or even triple A battery type, or if it has to be some Volt more, a
> 90 Cent CR2032 could do this.
> Also a DCF-77 receiver, like in our 15 bugs expensive :-) little
> weather-forecast-station, is IMHO todays standard in digital alarm
> clocks.
>
> But thanks for posting Your opinion.
>
> BR
> Sebastian

I'm not sure what 9V Battery is used in your unit.  Most backup
batteries for digital alarm clocks in the USA are 9V like the
following and cost only a dollar or two.
<http://www.batterywarehousedirect.com/m5.html?form_name=ecom_ecl_product_details>