Re: bad, worst, the worst, MARMITEK X10 Home automation!

The major problem is software.  The program supplied with the CM11
is indeed awful, but there are third-party programs that work well
(and even let you control your shutters properly).

Whatever else may be wrong with the bedroom controller, a battery
is required to keep the clock running in the event of a power
interruption.  There's no way flash memory can do that.