non proprietary stuff

Hello --

Where should I start looking when I want to setup light control
(switches, dimmers, relays) using non proprietary hardware?

I'm after a setup with around 12 light points, multiple switches, and
integration with my home server (e.g. access via standard protocols to
the log and current status of lights). The only thing I found that was
not limited to a single vendor was EIB, and that's expensive as hell.

I do not want to use X10 equipment. My electric installation is setup
to accomodate signal lines and power lines everywhere. I don't want to
transmit signal over power with all its disadvantages. Plus, most X10
equipment is for 110V AC, while I am using 220V AC.

Regards,
Marc