Re: bad, worst, the worst, MARMITEK X10 Home automation!

> I'm not sure what 9V Battery is used in your unit.  Most backup
> batteries for digital alarm clocks in the USA are 9V like the
> following and cost only a dollar or two.

Yes indeed it's the same type. But look at the price for one!
$7.50 !!
And I have only one device running with that type of battery.

But this issue wouldn't be really a problem to me, after all,
if all the other points I mentioned weren't exisiting.

Meanwhile I've been convinced that I can't expect more for the price
it costs. Producing in a less number of units,
handling the X10 products through a chain of a handful distributors,
at a average price of $30 to $60 ,
there would be no space left for a suitable todays gadget.

(e.g. like a Java equipped mobile phone with uncountable, idle features
and
a great user interface... at even for such a price )