Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

Dave,
I do understandand that they are probably installed incorrectly (the
4851's).  There is only one other house on my transformer and there
will never be any more than the two of us on it.  Since that is the
case won't the transformer stop any other outside signals coming from
say down the street ???  I can and will for go them for now and then if
need be later can rerout the incoming lines as you depicted in your
drawing.  Now on to the choice of HCA02-10E's or 6201's or ACT's.
Remember that each 100amp panel has a sub panel attached.  Like this

                           6201              Bridging Capacitor
                             |                        |
incoming-----+------Panel A----- Sub Panel A   (Within 6 feet of panel
A)
                   |      (breakers)      (breakers)

                   +-----Panel B-------- Sub Panel B   (3 stories up)
                          (breakers)         (breakers)
                              |                        |
                           Capacitor          Capacitor

This current setup gives me the best coverage with a few circuits on
sub panel B getting only a weak signal. This is the latest
configuration. Most X10 controllers reside on this panel. One Cm15a and
a Tw523 that communicates from a Comfort Security System.

If the 6201 is placed in Panel B then I get some weak signals on Sub
panel A. This configuration was the worst one.

I even split the 6201 leads (observing the correct "polarity") and
attached one lead to each Panel A and B.  This worked fairly well
signal strenght wise but very unreliable in that I had to repeat
commands a lot.  Any macro's for cm11'a or cm15's had to have the units
placed into them in a certain order else those units would not respond.
Here I also had the 4851's both on as I used this setup for over a
year. There is little or no difference strength wise with the 4851's in
or out of circuit here.

The capacitors were only put in after moving the 6201 to Panel A and
don't do much at this point either.

As I read back over this post it seems that amplification is needed as
no matter where I place the 6201 there is always a weak end out there
somewhere.  Again this is without any electronics, chargers, computers,
cordless phones plugged in.  The Air handlers are the only appliances
on so the normal noise makers or "suckers" are off line in the above
instances.

Thanks,

Carl Ford