Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

Carl,

The 4851 will only block signals from the neighbor sharing your transformer.
Anything else should not get through the transformer.

However, the description of the 4851 says it also acts as a passive coupler
so it might help with signal strength as well.

The best setup would probably be one properly installed 4851 and then a
coupler/repeater in each main panel. If you still have problems with
sub-panel B, maybe a BoosterLinc from SmartHome will address that. I believe
Bruce Robin has used them successfully to address similar issues.

Given that many people have had problems with the HCA02-10E and that this is
a vacation home I think I would go with the ACT coupler/repeater to avoid
arriving to an HCA02-10E that has gone berserk. You are probably going there
to relax not to troubleshoot your X-10 system.