Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

carlford wrote:
> I have 2 100 amp panels side by side and each of them has a sub panel
> off of them.  I have intermittent problems from time to time but it is
> also a vacation home so I'm not there all of the time.  There is a
> leviton whole house blocker coupler (4851) in each of the 100 amp
> panels and I have been using one leviton coupler repeater (6201) and a
> capacitor in the other 100 amp panel and a capacitor in each of the sub
> panels.  This gives me the best performance so far but it is not
> perfect. Yes I know it will never be but I'm pretty sure it can be
> better.  My elk meter shows at least 1/2 of the scal lit up on 80 to
> 85% of the house's outlets and of coure then we get very weak on
> others.  This place is about 4500 sq ft and 3 stories but less than 5
> years old.  The furtherest point from the panels is very weak which is
> after the sub panel that runs off of the panel without the repeater.
> Do you think somethin like an ACT CR134 would boost the signal enough
> and since the 2 main panels have 4851's on them ???  I do have both
> 4851's off for now anbd that gets me the best signal for now.  When i
> put both of them on it weakens the far end to the point that i loose a
> whole room totally.  "Uncle Phil" has never addressed the setup with 2
> 100 amp panels with 2 blockers on them as of now and I have been
> waitn=ing for him to do in his next (if coming) article.  Again if you
> have a 2 panel setup and it is working good for you maybe you can give
> some pointers.  Is the ACT CR134 really an amplifier or should I just
> try an additional 6201 ??  Ther is one pr511 installed and under a
> certain condition it can be made to ping-pong with the repeater (6201)
> as my setup is now but I can live with or without the pr511 if
> necessary.
> Thanks in advance for any and all posts.
> Carl Ford
> PM accepted if requested here

Are these 100 amp panels fed off of one meter??  The blocker/couplers
has to go on the first panel downstream from the meter and my X-10
design book states you should only use one.  You might want to remove
one of the blockers to see if the signal strength improves. Get rid of
the capacitors.  Install a surge suppressor.