Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

Jeff,

One thing for which I think there would be demand is a power meter based on
Allegro Microsystems Hall Effect current sensors. They come in sizes
suitable for whole house or single appliance metering.

     http://www.allegromicro.com/hall/currentsensor.asp

While I think Insteon (two-way, ACK/NAK) would be better for this, a
carefully designed protocol could work with X-10. Maybe send the accumulated
numbers with each reading. That along with a known roll-over could make up
for potentially lost messages.

The X-10 PLC protocol already defines methods for sending analog data
although I'm not sure that their controllers will report them.