Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

Someone asked me if the Surge protectors could be a problem.  They are
Leviton 4860's I think.  I am not there now but will get the model
number off of them sometime tomorrow.  There is one installed on each
100 amp panel.  I bought them when I started setting this house up at
the same time I bought the 4851 blockers and the 6201 coupler repeater.
 They have never tripped and they are the one shot kind (if they go off
they must be replaced).  The led's on both of them are definately on
and I assumed they are working, however: I never did try any test with
them off.  What do you all think ???  Do you know of these causing a
problem in the past  ???  I don't remember reading anything about a
problem with them but since there are 2 of them and I'm not sure what
is inside of them they might pose a problem,  I suppose ???

Thanks again to everyone,

Carl Ford