Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

Marc F Hult wrote:

> Interesting.
>
> www.Amazon.com  shows this:
> Publisher: Silent Sevant Home Control; 2nd ed edition (1998)
> Language: English
> ASIN: B0006REPVW
>
> and lists a couple copies available.
>
> Does this reference deal quantitatively with X-10 signal issues, or does it
> use 'signal sucker' and similar language to qualitatively explain problems?
>
> Kingery's articles started in 1996, and so are approximately
> contemporaneous.

Actually he uses what he terms as an "example home" to describe the
operation and installation of X-10 Pro components.  He doesn't once
mention "signal sucker", although he uses other terms that are (I
assume) synonymous.  Since I purchased the manual in 1998, I've sort of
used it as my "bible".  I haven't experienced a single problem with any
components I've installed (other than having to return a very vew
defective items).  Mind you my applications are more security related
than home automation (flashing outside lights during an alarm or turning
on different lights on a rotational basis to make it look like people
are home when they're not, turning on lights remotely or during an entry
delay and such like), but lately that's changed.  It's really an
excellent resource, packed full of illustrations and sample set-ups.
I'd recommend it for anyone here without hesitation.